Thursday, January 25, 2018

Image post II - Mirin'!

So I started reading Against the Wicked City! That post about the Dragon Warriors games really grabbed me. I want to play in a game where the goblins have daggers made of icicles, and the wights lurk and loom grimly from their barrow-mounds! (Everything needs more wights.)

In the spirit of that post, let's see if we can't dig up some more goodness from around the internet that goes with this look - and increases our style points in general - and see where might fit in my game!

Go and read that article first, then come back and let's go on a journey. I started by looking for other "Dragon Warriors" images to see what else was out there, but that phrase was to say the least difficult to google precisely, so then I spread my net a bit wider for some more fun:



IN THE FORM OF A MONSTROUS GOAT.



A more English Elf. Actually, that book was really quite good.






Hunting on the moors at night!


Doré forever!! This adventure looks like it ended badly.


Doré, also note the ruined spiral staircase going nowhere - I want to see what that's all about.


Un-human based horror. I don't specifically have pig-men in my setting but a) House on the Borderland does not screw around, b) it's set in the UK (Scotland I think?), c) I have goat-men so why not, and 4) maybe I will have to work the pig-boys in.


I want to put this picture up the next time the PCs trip over a ruined castle. See if they even want to go inside!!



I dunno what this is about, I love it though.



CRAP I FORGOT ABOUT THE PRE-RAPHAELITES
They only work in certain doses, but definitely for some elfy stuff at times.
I'll just leave this here. For later.



BARROW-WIGHTS by Ian Miller. YES!!!



Semi-related, but this band actually rules.





Some really deadly artwork of all kinds of fantasy stuff, including a ton of Tolkien scenes, here. This guy rules!!!






Elves: because DiTerlizzi doesn't screw around. The Elven parts of Annwn will be a pretty strange place.



I'll bet her one spell for the day is pretty damn cool.








DAMN me it's Arthur Rackham!!



THE CEREMONY OF NYARLATHOTEP HAS BEGUN.
BRING OUT THE SACRIFICE!
AND...
THE FRUIT...


Did not think I'd be bringing Goya along, but this one works for goblins I think.



Do not fuck with this here ogre.






















































This medieval mythos stuff rules, and more is found here.







































I suppose I am learning about this Piranesi guy just now...















To sum up, I feel like this is a real shit-mix. It's really hard to google up a general "aesthetic"!

No comments:

Post a Comment