Friday, June 29, 2018

Starting Equipment & Doodads

So, continuing my quest to make every game more like Dark Souls. I was thinking about the 'starting gifts.' Some are great, some useless. I took the Master Key every time because it allows you to skip the shitty part of Blighttown and really makes life easier.


Since the PCs start with garbage Middenmurk-style weapons, maybe a table of 'inheritances' that could include decent gear would be cool: your grand-dad's old campaigning sword, piecemeal chunks of armour, stuff like that. Your fighter could start out with a pigskin jacket, rusty meat cleaver, and shiny platemail boots. Maybe he would rather sell them for rent money? Maybe other 1st level scrubs want to roll him for his old pop-pop's gear?

Of course I would need to create rules for piecemeal armour, which seems like wayyyyy too much fucking work. In the mean time, I dug out this chart I saved of d100 random items in your PC's pocket. I did some digging, and Hack & Slash had a link to another one on his big link compilation page. These are great, and I will begin using them IMMEDIATELY.

No comments:

Post a Comment